The University of the Third Age
There's first age learning
At school, college and university
There's second age learning
The skills learnt at work
And there's third age learning
When people learn whatever they want!
That's what happens in U3A.
Learning is interpreted in the broadest possible sense.
Learning is for Life
• There is NO curriculum - people learn what they wish
and if they see an interesting angle they follow it.
• There are NO entrance qualifications - a desire to learn
is all that is needed.
• There are NO exams or certificates - people enjoy their learning : they do not need to prove they've done it.
• There are NO terms. U3A groups decide about their own times to meet.
• There are NO lecturers.
• The U3A embark on voyages of discovery.
• There is NO campus and NO buildings.
• Sometimes the U3A uses public buildings,
sometimes a members own home.